Winter weather has made its way to Southern California! With cold, rainy days in town and snow in the mountains, it’s a good time to review the six best ways to keep your kids safe.
- Babies lose more heat than adults – make sure they are in extra layers and wearing a hat when outside. However, never put puffy coats or blankets underneath car seat straps and never leave thick loose blankets in their crib.
- Wet clothing should be removed as soon as possible.
- Keep everyone hydrated, even when it’s cold outside.
- Kids playing outside or in the snow can get overheated, so dress them in thin layers they can remove as they warm up.
- Skiers and snowboarders should be wearing helmets, eye protection, gloves and sunscreen.
- Painful, pale skin can be an early sign of frostbite so take kids inside to warm up if they complain.
With a little bit of planning, everyone can safely enjoy the winter weather.